Can you hear the No that is under a Yes, can you hear the Yes under a No? Can you listen with your body rather than with your ears?
How often did you dance, moved or offered something to another partner and had a felt sense of a question mark? A question mark regarding his/her intentions, your own wishes and intentions, wills and wants.
This question has a meaning – that meaning is that either you are now venturing into the yet unknown territory that is not familiar to you, or you are not clear in regards to your partner’s wishes. Once this question mark arises, another question arises with it immediately – am I willing to stay here with this ambiguity and explore the feelings and sensations that arise in the body.
If you choose to stay in that unknown place and bring awareness there, you might find out clarity into what is a no, which behavior is wanted, and which circumstances will cause a maybe to shift into either a full yes, or a strong no. By exploring this together we can learn to hear the non verbal cues, that come way before this message arises to the surface and either being expressed with words, or suppressed back in.
I would like to invite you all into this research – From non verbal communication (and more importantly non-verbal understanding), into verbal expressing of – Yes, No, Maybe. Bringing them from dance to conversation, from conversation to dance.
– In this workshop we will be exploring two words that convey a lot of meaning – Consent & Empowerment. While these concepts and meaning can stay on a mind’s level, once they are embodied it is a very different story. You are welcome to join into a meeting point of touch, contact & senses in movement. A deep dive into the subjects of consent in verbal and non-verbal forms, and a learning process in how to empower other people and be empowered by your partners.
– In this workshop we will explore the edges/borders of Dance, making contact and touch with physical exploration and the psychological effects of movement and touch – motion into emotion, and emotion into motion. Dance is the playground of non-verbal communication, where everything can be presented, represented and played with. It is a field we all feel, yet it can be sometime confusing to interpret the meanings and intentions behind the actions.
– In this workshop we will learn to listen and to speak with the body and another partner’s body, and we will also bring the non-verbal aspects into verbal forms. We will explore and research how empowerment and consent can be brought from one realm to another.
This workshop includes touch and sensations.
We will practice saying yes/no in a verbal and non verbal way, you should be aware that we will go from our comfort zone into the learning zone and integrate it back into our comfort zone.
This is a clothes on workshop, and no nudity.
The number of participants for this workshop is limited and registration is required by filling the registration form.
If you have questions – please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
– (Pot-luck) lunch for yourself and to share
– Water bottle
– Comfortable clothes for movement
– Notebook and pen
10:30-17:30 (with an hour lunch break)
Paid by work/institution – 120 Euro.
For individuals –
High income – 95 Euro
Normal price – 80 Euro
Low budget/students – 70 Euro